Topics for Podcast #2
Mark’s engine update and background
- Engine had 1900+hrs and _ years of service and healthy when . . .
- Crank shaft counterweight bushings drove need to overhaul, otherwise all good
- Best practice is one (1) per day shallow (max 200 rpm drop) when cycling the prop on ground
The Good & Bad of Flying Clubs
- Social interaction with other pilots
- Saving $ substantially
- Most members don’t fly
- Opportunities for mentoring
- Mark’s guy from the Flying Club – ready for X-C flying?
- Last week flew TriPacer to 91C to pick up girlfriend outside of Madison. Disallowed for night Ops
- Returned to 91C in 182RG – F16’s fly by with no forward vis
- Flew to dinner at 06C in dark – King Air cut off on arrival
- Dad I flew (3) types of airplanes in the last week – J3 at CubAir (Steve Krog), PA-22, and R182
Questions or Comments? Post them in the forum.