Introduction to Borescoping Discussion
Scott & Mark Sellers interview Dave Pasquale of Pasquale Aviation
- What is borescoping?
- Method for preventative maintenance
- Why is borescoping important for your airplane engine?
- Trend monitoring of cylinders, cam & lifters. Note: Annual Inspection cylinder report is key
- Borescoping Lycoming vs TCM engines
- Good for airframe items that are difficult to access for inspection i.e. Cessna door post or Piper PA-28 spar AD
- What is preferred frequency of cylinder borescoping?
- What if your maintenance shop IA/A&P does not use a borescope?
- Should a pre-buy inspection include borescoping?
- Should owners borescope?
- Borescope vs. cylinder compression test – which is more important?
- Preferred type of borescope
Questions or Comments? Post them in the forum.
This podcast led to an article in the October 2022 issue in which Scott Sellers writes about how to learn how to borescope yourself. Read that article here.