A series of free, 45-minute educational forums will give aircraft owners and pilots real-world tips to increase the performance and life of their piston aircraft engines, while lowering the cost of ownership, operation and maintenance.
Representatives of Superior Air Parts, Inc. announced that the company is partnering with Aircraft Specialties Services, CamGuard and RAM Aircraft to host a series of 18 educational forums during Oshkosh AirVenture 2016.
“We are committed to finding ways to help make flying more affordable for our customers,” stated Scott Hayes, VP of Sales and Marketing, Superior Air Parts, Inc. “That is exactly what these forums are created to do. What pilots and owners will learn are proven procedures and insights that will help them reduce the cost of flying while extending their engine’s operational life and lowering maintenance costs.”
Superior’s Vice President of Product Support, Bill Ross, who has been an FAA A&P for over 30 years and who also recently earned an FAA Inspector’s Authorization (IA), will host the 2016 Forum Series. The complete list of 2016 Forum Series presenters include:
Steven Boggess, Engine Production Manager, RAM Aircraft, LP.
Randy Bibb, Sales Manager, CamGuard
Ed Kollin, Technical Director, Aircraft Specialties Services
Randy Harris, General Manger, Aircraft Specialties Services
“These sessions are not about theory or opinions,” Ross said. “What we are going to deliver is proven information that the other presenters and I have gained over our various careers. These are practices and tips pilots can use every time they fly.”
The free, 45-minute Forum sessions will be held daily at the Superior Air Parts tent (#257), which is just north of the Bendix/King Hangar B. Forum times are 9:00, 11:00 and 12:30, Monday through Saturday.
Superior Air Parts and Industry Partners 2016 Oshkosh Forum Series subjects include:
- How we as pilots can make flying more affordable. Superior Air Parts. Monday 9:30
- Engine health monitoring – Fly with confidence. Aircraft Specialties Services. Monday 11:00; Friday 12:30
- Maximizing engine longevity. RAM Aircraft. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at 12:30. Thursday, Friday and Saturday 11:00
- Engine flight management for enhanced safety, reliability and efficiency. Superior Air Parts. Tuesday 11:00
- Communicating with and choosing the right aviation mechanic. Superior Air Parts. Thursday 9:30
- Compression testing aircraft engines and maximizing cylinder life. Superior Air Parts. Wednesday 11:00 and Saturday 12:30
- Superior Air Parts’ complete engine options for kit builders. Superior Air Parts. Friday 9:30
- Aircraft Specialties Services. Tuesday 9:30; Wednesday 9:30; Thursday 12:30; Saturday 9:30
For more information and complete forum schedule, visit: www. http://superiorairparts.com/about-us/event/oshkoshforums2016/