The Cessna Owner Organization proudly announces the winners of the first-ever “Get-it-all Giveaway at Oshkosh” sweepstakes. Congratulations to Richard “Rick” Brown of Adrian, Mich., and Jeff Klingel of Glenview, Ill.
Brown, a Cessna 150 owner, was the Grand Prize winner, taking home seven of the eight total prizes valuing $11,740, while Klingel won the “Pro Pilot” autopilot from Trio Avionics valued at $7,000.
Prizes awarded to Brown include:
- A MX300, MX170C or (when available) MX155 Nav/Com from TKM Avionics.
- A TT31 Mode S ES transponder with tray, installation/operating manuals and installation kit from Trig Avionics.
- An Eagle Angle of Attack System from Alpha Systems AOA.
- A PMA-7000B Stereo Audio Panel with rack and installation kit from PS Engineering, Inc.
- An Aero 553 CO Detector/Digital Clock-Cabin Pressure and IFDR250 dual USB Port from Guardian Avionics.
- A Zulu 3 ANR Headset from Lightspeed Aviation.
- A three-year membership to the Cessna Owner Organization from Jones Publishing.
Brown was so intrigued by the prizes offered in the giveaway, that he was actively researching them and seriously considering buying each of them one at a time. Fortunately for him, that process got a lot easier when he received a phone call from Jones Publishing, publishers of Cessna Owner and PIPERS magazines, announcing he had won them all.
“I was looking to do all of this, and I won the package instead,” said Brown. “I already had the radio but I wanted two. I was also looking at the transponder, so (winning it) made that decision … and this was the new digital one!”
Klingel Wins Trio Autopilot Bonus Prize
Because the Pro Pilot autopilot from Trio Avionics is not approved on Cessna 150 models, a supplemental drawing was held specifically for that prize, and 182RG owner, Jeff Klingel, was the lucky winner.
Klingel, like Brown, was also in the process of researching the prize he eventually won.
“This is unbelievably good news. I was on the Trio website today because I was thinking about purchasing this autopilot for my plane!” Klingel said. “Many thanks to the STC Group and the FAA for getting this safety enhancing technology approved for installation in my Cessna 182RG!” he added.
Jones Publishing thanks each of the participating sponsors who generously donated their products. We also thank Avionics author Bob Hart who helped organize the sweepstakes and worked with each vendor to explain the contest rules and secure prizes to make the giveaway a resounding success.