Submitted by B/E Aerospace and iceshield.com
How to Remove Your Old Wing Boot De-Icer
DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME. Your A&P will need to do this, but obviously you can help.
If you are going to install a new wing boot de-icer, you’re going to need to remove the old one. BE Aerospace and Ice Shield prepared this video for you and your A&P.
Among the things you and your A&P will learn in this video.
- Common Items necessary for removal of a wing-boot de-icer.
- Steps you’ll want to take before removal, including how to ensure you have the correct replacement de-icer boot.
- How to safely remove the old de-icer. It takes some work!
How to Install Your New Wing Boot De-Icer
Now it’s time to install the new one! What you’ll learn in this video. Again, your A&P will need to do this.
- Equipment and tools you’ll need
- How to make sure you have the correct replacement
- How to identify the center line and cutout locations
- How to create the perfect brush to use for adhesive application
- How to apply the adhesive and how long it takes to dry
- How to apply the conductive sealer