Visit the Sweepstakes Information Page Here
NO PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIPTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIPTION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY IN THE UNITED STATES AND OPEN ONLY TO VERIFIED OWNERS OF
CESSNA AND PIPER AIRCRAFT.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY WITH THE EXPERIMENTAL AIRCRAFT ASSOCIATION.
- ELIGIBILITY: The “Oshkosh Giveaway” (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and who are verified owners of either a Cessna or Piper aircraft, as identifiable at http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Inquiry.aspx. Any determinations of eligibility will be made by JP Media LLC (“Sponsor”) whose decisions are final. Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its promotional partners, and prize providing companies, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. Void where prohibited by law.
- TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins on July 23, 2018 and ends on July 28, 2018. To enter, go to two participating booths at EAA’s AirVenture. You may enter at each booth. Participating booths are as follows:
- Guardian Avionics: Hangar C, Booth #3143
- Cessna Owner Organization/Piper Owner Society: Hangar C, Booth #3164
- RANDOM DRAWING/PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING: At 4:30 pm each afternoon (July 23, 2018 through July 28, 2018) representatives of the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received by 4 pm of that day to award the following prizes:
- July 23: Flight Outfitters ipad Mini Kneeboard ($59.95), Flight Outfitters hat ($24.95)
- July 24: Scheyden sunglasses (value $309), Flight Outfitters hat ($24.95). Two winners.
- July 25: Flight Outfitters survival knife ($29.95), Flight Outfitters hat ($24.95)
- July 26: Flight Outfitters flashlight ($29.95), Flight Outfitters hat ($24.95)
- July 27: Flight Outfitters wallet ($29.95), Flight Outfitters hat ($24.95)
Prizes for the first five days will be awarded via a random drawing among entrants at the two sponsor booths from that day only.
The Grand Prize winner selected July 28 will be awarded via a random drawing from all entrants the entire week.
- July 28: Grand Prize (total value $532.90)
- Flight Outfitters
- Centerline Backpack ($99.95)
- Hat ($24.95)
- Guardian Avionics
Flush-mounted USB-A Power & Charging Unit: ($299)
- JP Media LLC
Two-Year Membership in Cessna Owner Organization or Piper Owner Society ($109)
- Flight Outfitters
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner(s) will be notified by telephone and/or email and will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and (where legal) publicity release and an IRS W-9 form, which must be returned within the time period specified in the notification letter. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, then at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner selected from the remaining eligible entries. Return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of the prize, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and for any expenses, costs or fees associated with acceptance and/or use of the prizes not specified herein as being included. Winners of prizes valued at $600 or more will be issued an IRS 1099 Form for the value of the prize. Winners are also responsible for installation kits and cost of installation of all prizes, unless otherwise stated. Prizes will be shipped to verified winners by the prize-providing companies at their earliest possible convenience.
No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
- GENERAL: By participating, entrants agree [a] to these rules and decisions of Sponsor which shall be final in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes; and [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participating in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, [c] to permit Sweepstakes Entities to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and online, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: [a] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the collection, processing and transmission of data; [b] lost, late, misdirected, illegible or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; [c] any type of graphical or other error in the advertising or printing of the Sweepstakes or in the administration of the Sweepstakes; or [d] any condition that may cause the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; and in such event Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof and to award the prize via a random drawing from among all eligible entries legitimately received prior to cancellation. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor.Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage the sweepstakes mechanism to undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Judge’s decisions are final and binding.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, by participating each Entrant agrees that all issues and questions concerning these official rules shall be governed by Wisconsin law without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Entrant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Wisconsin and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that: [a] any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and [b] any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and [c] under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- WINNER LIST: To receive a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by September 30, 2018, to: “Oshkosh Giveaway” Sweepstakes Winner List, PO Box 5000, Iola, WI 54945.
- SPONSOR: JP Media LLC, PO Box 5000, N7528 Aanstad Road, Iola, WI 54945 USA
Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Sweepstakes.